Wedding Checklist: Things NOT to forget!
One Year to Six Months Before
*If you are having a wedding and need rental items for your wedding, now is the time to contact AAA Party Rentals to secure rental of linen, tables, chairs, candelabras, dishes and flatware. Reserve your items early to ensure the quantity and colors of your choice.
- Announce engagement. Order Wedding Rings
- Meet with both parents to discuss type of wedding
- Consider hiring a bridal consultant
- Plan wedding budget
- Buy a memory album
- Choose wedding & reception sites
- If having a church wedding, meet with clergy
- Choose attendants
- Shop for the bride’s dress and order it early!
- Plan color scheme and shop for bridesmaid dresses. Order them as soon as possible.
4 months prior to the wedding
*Rethink your rental reservation if your quantities have changed, contact AAA to modify your reservation
- Consult travel agent about honeymoon plans
- Register at Bridal Gift Registry
- Begin guest list
- Order Invitations
- Select and book your photographer, videographer, and entertainment
Three to Four Months Before
- Complete your guest list
- Invite out-of-town guests early!
- Address invitations as soon as they arrive or hire a Calligrapher and do it with style!
- If you have not already done so, order your bridesmaid dresses now! Confirm your wedding dress order too!
- Order Groom’s, Groomsmen and Dad’s Tuxedos
- Book your caterer
- Shop for your wedding cake
- Choose your florist
- Pick out and order your ice carvings
- Plan ceremony & reception details with musicians and/or other entertainment
- Arrange for wedding transportation
- Complete your honeymoon plans
One to Two Months Before
*Rethink your rental reservation if your quantities have changed; contact AAA to modify your reservation
- Buy wedding gifts for each other
- Mail wedding invitations
- Plan rehearsal & rehearsal dinner
- Pick up wedding rings
- Have a final fitting of gown & bridesmaid dresses
- Have studio wedding portraits taken
- Contact newspaper regarding wedding announcement
- Arrange for hotels for out-of-town guests
- Send thank you notes for early gifts
- Purchase gifts for attendants
Last Two Weeks
*If there are items on your rental reservation that you do not want or need, now is the time to cancel or decrease your order without penalty. Rethink your rental reservation if your quantities have changed; contact AAA to modify your reservation
- Pick up marriage license
- Send announcement to newspaper
- Have your hair done by hairstylist like you plan to wear it on your wedding day. Bring your veil with you!
- Meet with a make up consultant for beauty tips.
- Check on honeymoon reservations
- Buy travelers checks
- Address your wedding announcements, have someone mail them for you on your Wedding day
- Confirm final details with florist, entertainment, rental services, caterers, photographers, reception site, etc.
- Pay all balances due at this time
The Last 48 Hours!
- Pick up the tuxedos from the tux shop
- Time to start relaxing. Try to stay calm, all your careful planning will pay off!
- Rehearsal dinner – give attendants their gifts!
- Congratulations…. you made it!! Remember, this is the beginning of the rest of your life together, if things go wrong at the wedding, don’t let it ruin your special day!